OpenColorIO v2 is a major update and contains a large number of new features including:
- A more accurate GPU renderer and faster CPU renderer
- More accurate ACES transforms and support for the Academy Common LUT Format (CLF)
- New mathematical operator types and inversion support for all operators (including 3d-LUTs)
- Better support for display color spaces and ICC monitor profiles
- New color space properties such as categories to support a better user experience
- Refreshed website and documentation for upgrading to v2 to make it easier to learn and faster to find the information you need.
OCIO v2 is included in the VFX Reference Platform for calendar year 2021, so be on the lookout for it to show up in new releases of your favorite applications over the coming year.
If you’re interested in participating in the OCIO community, please consider joining one of the working groups devoted to upgrading the ACES config to v2 and to improving the user experience. The calendar for the OCIO Zoom meetings is here.
A huge kudos to the OpenColorIO Technical Steering Committee (TSC) and all the community members that guided and contributed to the project!