The beta 12 release of OpenTimelineIO, an interchange format and API for editorial cut information, is now available. This is the first release with a C++ core. The adapters remain in python, but the core library and algorithms are implemented in C++.
- C++ Core: the core of opentimelineio is now pybind11-wrapped C++. (see above)
- otiopluginfo command was added for printing information about plugins visible to otio
- Kdenlive adapter included in contrib
- Also includes preliminary swift bindings
- Tweaks to the repo in anticipation of the move to being hosted by the Academy Software Foundation
- hook function arguments are passable to all commandline scripts
- Documentation for the C++ core, debugging and building
- local manifests are loaded so that they override the internal manifests for plugins
- Lots of upgrades for the AAF adapter
- SchemaDefs now have a repr method
- CMX EDL Adapter supports multiple locators per clip now
You can get the code and find additional information here: https://github.com/PixarAnimationStudios/OpenTimelineIO/releases/tag/v0.12.
Thank you to all of the community contributors!